About this policy
Wardrobe and Screens Solutions Pty Ltd is the company that trades as Wonderful Wardrobes and Screens (‘WWS’). It operates for profit, privately held and located in Hobart, Tasmania. WWS is a home improvement business.
Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way WWS does business.
Collection of your personal information
At all times we try to only collect the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us. For example, we collect personal information where required to provide estimates and/or quotations, confirm your identity for any order placed, arrange appointments at your property, and also for questionnaires, digital strategy fact finding services, and email contact forms.
Such personal information may comprise of one or more of the following:
- Your name, address, date of birth, contact details;
- Business name;
- Your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products, services, or promotions; or
- Information about your opinions and what you like
- Plans of your property (that are provided by you, or a builder acting on your behalf, or sketched by our representative during one of our site attendances).
We will also collect information that you provide us when finalizing details of a potential/actual order, signing up to mailing lists, or when submitting feedback on your experience with WWS.
Further, WWS may collect information from you because we are required or authorised by Australian law, or court or tribunal to collect that information.
Collecting sensitive information
Sensitive information is personal information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, genetic information or health information.
WWS will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless we need the information for one of our functions or activities and we have your consent (or we are legally required to do so).
For example, we may collect personal information to aid in the process for a third party to grant/approve an application/claim.
There may be occasions when we collect personal information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information from:
- Credit reporting bodies if we request a report about your credit history;
- Other credit providers if we request information from them about the products they provide you;
- Organisations that we have an arrangement with to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with to share information for marketing purposes to provide you with products or services and/or to promote a product or service; or
- Marketing companies if we acquire contact information to tell people about our products and services that may interest them.
Further, in the course of handling and resolving a complaint, data breach, review or an investigation we may collect personal information (including sensitive information) about you indirectly from publicly available sources or from third parties such as:
- Your authorised representative, if you have one; or
- Applicants, complainants, respondents to a complaint, investigation, application or data breach notification or the third parties’ employees and witnesses.
Third party sites and services
Our websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. These websites may store information across multiple countries.
Information collected by third parties, that may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
At the time of publication, our Service Providers and Partners include:
- Google Analytics
- Barefoot Media Solutions
Survey / Campaign Management:
- Survey Monkey
- Google My Business
Information we collect automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with any of our websites, we as well as any third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how our websites are accessed and used (‘Usage Information’).
Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time and the preceding page views. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of our websites, such as how many visitors visit a specific page, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they ‘click’ on. Usage Information is non-identifying, but if we are to associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we then treat this information as Personal Information.
We may also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (‘Device Identifier’) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other devices (‘Device’) you use to access our websites.
A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
The technologies used on our websites to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, may include:
Small graphic images or other web programming code called pixels, may be included in our websites and email messages. Pixels or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to determine whether content sent was actually viewed.
No responsibility is accepted by WWS Developments for the accuracy of any information contained herein or for any action taken in reliance thereon. Artist Impressions are indicative only and are subject to change without notice.
Social networking services
We use social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Google Business to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and the public. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube (a Google company) on their websites.
Your consent is important.
WWS may require your consent to use and/or disclose your information in particular ways. Your consent may either be inferred or expressed.
Inferred Consent is
- By an existing relationship you have with our properties or businesses, or
- Where there is a reasonable expectation of you receiving commercial electronic messages from us, or
- Where you have published a work-related email that is accessible to the public or a section of the public.
Expressed consent is for example:
- By directly providing your consent by filling out a form, ticking a box on a website, over the phone, face-to-face, swapping business cards, or
- As long as you are aware that you may receive a commercial electronic message from us.
If you no longer want to receive our offers, information on our services, and other promotional activities you can ‘opt-out’, or ‘unsubscribe’ from any of our commercial electronic messaging such as email, SMS, MMS or IM, or contact us directly.